For supplies in Italy there is a fixed contribution of 5 euros for each shipment.
For orders over 30.00 euros (thirty euros), shipments are free in Italy.
For shipments in all Europe (excluding Italy) there is a fixed contribution of 15.00 euro.
For America and Canada, a fixed contribution of € 25.00 is provided.
A minimum total purchase amount of €60,00 is required to checkout for shipments from Canada, USA and non-European countries. (Ebook excluded)
Deliveries and documentation
In purchase contracts with consumer customers, the risk of loss or damage to assets, for reasons not attributable to the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano, is transferred to the consumer customer only when the latter, or a third party designated by him and other than the carrier, it materially enters into possession of the goods. However, the risk is transferred to the consumer customer already at the time of delivery of the goods to the carrier if the latter has been chosen by the consumer customer itself and this choice has not been proposed by the Valtortiano Editorial Center, without prejudice to the consumer’s rights against the vector.
- The Valtortiano Editorial Center s.r.l. can receive purchase orders with deliveries all over the world through the Website.
- For each Purchase Agreement finalized through the Site, the Valtortiano Publishing Center will issue an invoice for the products purchased, only if explicitly requested and indicating the tax code or VAT number. For the issuance of the invoice, the information provided by the Customer at the time of the order will be used and no change in the invoice will be possible after the issuance thereof.
- Unless otherwise communicated to the Customer by the Valtortiano Publishing Center, the delivery of the products is intended at street level. Upon delivery of the products by the courier in charge of the Valtortiano Editorial Center, the Customer is required to check (a) that the number of packages delivered corresponds to what is indicated in the transport document and (b) that the packaging is intact , not damaged or otherwise altered, even in the closing materials.
- Any damage to the packaging and / or the products or the mismatch in the number of packages or indications must be immediately contested by the Customer, affixing the wording “ACCEPTED WITH RESERVE” on the courier’s delivery receipt and indicating the specific anomaly ( for example, the package is open, wet, etc. …). Furthermore, the Customer undertakes to promptly report – and in any case not later than 8 (eight) days from the date of delivery – to the Valtortiano Editorial Center any and all problems concerning the physical integrity, correspondence or completeness of the products received, by sending a message to the e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the case of deliveries to be made on the Italian territory, after the order has been entrusted to the carrier, the relative communication, also containing the tracking number to monitor the progress of the shipment, will be sent to the e-mail address indicated by the Customer. In the case of deliveries to be made outside the Italian territory, a communication containing the notice of when the order will be delivered will be sent to the e-mail address indicated by the Customer; in this case, for each shipment not successful, an additional cost of € 10.00 will be applied.
- In order to deliver the ordered products, the presence of the Customer or his representative is always required at the delivery address indicated by the same and on the day of expected delivery; in the absence of the Customer (or his representative) the courier will leave a second delivery notice for the next working day and a telephone number in order to agree on a different delivery date. If the second or any further delivery attempts do not go well, the purchase order is considered canceled and the products will return to the Valtortiano Editorial Center warehouses. In the latter case the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano, if it has already collected the price of the undelivered products, will make the relative reimbursement to the Customer within 15 days from the return of the products in stock and the relative Purchase Agreement will be understood automatically and definitively canceled , excluding any further mutual claim, for any reason.
- Deliveries within the Italian territory will be made within a maximum of five (5) working days from the date of receipt of payment or from the date of acceptance of the purchase proposal by the Seller in the event of payment by cash on delivery. Deliveries to be made outside the Italian territory will take place within a maximum of ten (10) working days from the date of receipt, by Centro Editoriale Valtortiano of the payment made by the Customer.
- If the Customer is a consumer, the delivery obligation is fulfilled by transferring the material availability or in any case the control of the goods to the Customer. In the event that the delivery of the order does not take place within the terms indicated above, the Consumer Customer invites the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano to make the delivery within an additional period appropriate to the circumstances; if this additional term expires without the order being delivered, the consumer customer is entitled to terminate the contract, subject to the right to compensation for damages. The consumer customer is not burdened by the burden of granting the aforementioned additional period to the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano if: a) the Valtortiano Publishing Center has expressly refused to deliver the goods, or; b) if compliance with the deadline for delivery of the goods must be considered essential, taking into account all the circumstances that accompanied the conclusion of the contract, or; c) if the consumer customer has informed the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano, before the conclusion of the contract, that delivery by or on a specific date is essential. In the cases referred to in letters a), b) and c) above, the consumer customer, if he does not receive the goods within the prescribed time limit, is entitled to immediately terminate the contract, subject to the right to compensation for damages. In both cases of termination of the contract provided for in this paragraph, the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano will reimburse the consumer, without undue delay, all the sums paid in execution of the contract.
- If cases of force majeure, unavailability of means of transport, as well as unforeseeable or unavoidable events make deliveries difficult or impossible, the Valtortiano Editorial Center will send the order again at its own expense. It is understood that, in such cases, any further claim, in any way, against the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano is excluded.
Information on the right of withdrawal of the consumer
Right of withdrawal of the Consumer
- Without prejudice to the exceptions referred to in Article 9 below, the Consumer Customer, pursuant to articles 52 and following of the Consumer Code, has a period of 14 days to withdraw from the contract without having to provide reasons and without incurring costs other than those provided in paragraph 6 below. Any forms and / or requests from the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano to indicate the reasons for the dissatisfaction of the consumer customer that led to the withdrawal therefore have the sole purpose of improving the sales services to customers and are optional, without their failure to complete them and / or evasion produces any type of consequence at the expense of the Consumer customer. The exercise of the right of withdrawal puts an end to the obligations of the parties to perform the contract.
- The withdrawal period referred to in paragraph 1 ends after 14 days from: a) in the case of service contracts, from the day of conclusion of the contract; b) in the case of sales contracts, from the day on which the consumer customer or a third party other than the carrier and designated by the consumer customer acquires physical possession of the goods or in the case of multiple goods ordered by the consumer customer through a single order and delivered separately, from the day on which the consumer customer or a third party, different from the carrier and designated by the consumer customer, acquires physical possession of the last good; in the case of delivery of an asset consisting of multiple lots or pieces, from the day in which the consumer Customer or a third party, different from the carrier and designated by the consumer Customer, acquires physical possession of the last lot or piece; in the case of contracts for the periodic delivery of goods during a specific period of time, from the day on which the consumer customer or a third party other than the carrier and designated by the consumer customer acquires physical possession of the first good;
- The right of withdrawal may also be exercised limited to individual products forming the subject of a single Purchase Agreement, it being understood that the withdrawal applies to the product in its entirety and, therefore, the Consumer Customer may not exercise the withdrawal limited to a part of the single product purchased (eg a single Compact Disc in a casket).
- To exercise the right of withdrawal provided for in this paragraph, the consumer customer must inform the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano of his decision to exercise the right of withdrawal from the contract before the expiry of the withdrawal period. To this end, it may use the withdrawal form in Annex I, Part B, of the Consumer Code [also accessible by clicking here]; or present any other explicit statement of its decision to withdraw from the contract. The consumer customer has exercised his right of withdrawal within the withdrawal period provided for in the previous paragraph 1 if the communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal is sent by the Customer consumer before the expiry of the withdrawal period. The burden of proving the exercise of the right of withdrawal in accordance with this article lies with the consumer customer.
- In the event of withdrawal pursuant to this article, the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano will reimburse the payment received from the consumer customer, with the exception of the delivery costs which will remain the responsibility of the latter, without undue delay and in any case within fourteen days from the day on which it is informed of the decision of the consumer customer to withdraw from the contract. The reimbursement will be made using the same means of payment used by the consumer customer for the initial transaction, unless the consumer customer has expressly agreed otherwise and provided that he does not incur any costs as a result of the reimbursement. The Centro Editoriale Valtortiano can withhold the reimbursement until it has received the goods or until the consumer customer has demonstrated that he has sent back the goods, depending on which situation occurs first.
- Following the withdrawal, the consumer customer must return the goods to the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano, without undue delay and in any case within fourteen days from the date on which he communicated to the latter his decision to withdraw from the contract pursuant to this paragraph. The deadline is met if the consumer customer sends back the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day period. The cost of returning the goods is charged to the consumer customer. The latter is also responsible for the decrease in the value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods themselves other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of them (such as, for example, in the case of books returned with delivery , with broken or ruined binding, with broken, stained and / or in any case altered pages and, in any case, which are in their entirety visibly compromised for having been photocopied and / or used, in the case of objects not intact, tampered with or that in any case shows signs of wear).
Exceptions to the right of withdrawal of the Consumer
According to the art. 59 of the Consumer Code, the right of withdrawal referred to in Article 8 is excluded in relation to:
- the supply of goods or services whose price is linked to fluctuations in the financial market that the Centro Editoriale Valtortiano is unable to control and which may occur during the withdrawal period;
- the supply of goods made to measure or clearly personalized;
- the supply of goods that are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- the supply of sealed goods that do not lend themselves to being returned for hygienic reasons or related to health protection and were opened after delivery;
- the supply of goods which, after delivery, are inherently mixed with other goods;
- providing sealed audio or video recordings or sealed computer software that have been opened after delivery;
- the supply of newspapers, periodicals and magazines with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications.